On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 21:20:44 +0100
Thomas Adam <tho...@xteddy.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 10:14:47PM +0200, Pavel Vávra wrote:
> > Hallo,
> >   searching archives I've found post from Dominik Vogt, sent Tue, 21 May
> > 2002 04:38:01 -0500 (CDT)
> >
> > --cut----
> > > HI
> > >
> > > A problem with this
> > > however, arises when the number of entries in the menu gets large.
> > > One then gets a 'more' entry on the bottom of the menu. I wondered
> > > if it is possible to use scrollbars in this case, instead of the 'more'
> > > menu at the bottom, so that one can scroll through all menu items.
> >
> > All you can do right now is to tear out the first half of the
> > menu, then enter the "More..." sub menu and tear it out too.  One
> > day I will implement better ways of displaying long menus.  When
> > that happens, tear off menus will benefit from the new feature(s)
> > along with normal menus.
> > --cut----
> >

> > ... and my question is: any progress? I try to re-implement "expose"
>
> ... also your question is on one line.  Grr.
>
> > function (found at http://zensites.net/fvwm/guide/advanced_functions.html
> > ) and I would like to display list of windows preview in one long menu
> > with scrolling possibility.
>
> It's on the TODO list.  FVWM's on a feature freeze whilst it's prepared for
> 2.6.0 -- *any* change to the menu will likely happen then, along with a host
> of other, more important things.
>
> -- Thomas Adam

Hi,
  thank you for your fast, clear and short answer. I am going to wait next 8
years ... and then ask again :-) <--just kidding. Well, I'll try to find a way
with existing tools.
  Just a sub-question from another point of view: is any possibility to run
*anything* just before window loose its focus? I have an idea to create a
window shot just before it is unfocussed and use this picture later, when
expose will be required.