On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Jason Timrod <jtim...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- On Mon, 12/27/10, Shaika-Dzari <shaikadz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jason,
>>
>> Check here :
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/FVWM#2._InitFunction_versus_StartFunction_versus_RestartFunction
>
> thanks. so if i get it right, i only need startfunc then? is there a more
> detailed explanation of this, do you know? how does fvwm go about loading up
> and reading configs?

Yes, you only need startfunc.
To get more explanation, you should check the man page :
http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/manpages/unstable/

Personally, I split my configuration in multiple file (function.fvwm,
style.fvwm, menu.fvwm, etc) and I use a master file to read it.

Something like this :

#------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Read Configuration Files
#------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read $[FVWM_USERDIR]/seed/src/style.fvwm
Read $[FVWM_USERDIR]/seed/src/functions.fvwm
Read $[FVWM_USERDIR]/seed/src/bar.fvwm
Read $[FVWM_USERDIR]/seed/src/events.fvwm
Read $[FVWM_USERDIR]/seed/src/menu.fvwm

# At last, startfunc file
Read $[FVWM_USERDIR]/seed/src/start.seed

> thanks for writing that info though, it was helpful.

Thomas Adam is the author I think.

Regards.