On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 10:45:35AM +0100, Harald van Pee wrote:
> Therefore I assume, that the window manager can, at least in principle,
> change
> its behaviour in such a way that the problem goes away.

Depends.  All opaquemovesize does consider the threshold under which moving
the window will make FVWM ignore any batched ConfigureNotigy requests sent.
This is in an attempt to reduce flickering of the window, and also for us to
update the window each time (c.f. "BugOpts FlickeringMoveWorkaround On").

The fact that you then get artifacts on the screen is a bug elsewhere,
either within the client not redrawing itself correctly, or your display
driver being useless.

> On the other hand with gnome I have the same problem as with fvwm.

Sure -- comparing WMs/DEs isn't likely useful here.  I'm still going to
maintain it's not FVWM's problem.