On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 05:44:49PM +0100, Jamie Paul Griffin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I use the Task Bar and I have set it to check Maildirs in my home
> directory for new mail. When the window manager starts the Task Bar
> disappears after a few minutes, i'm assuming this is when the Maildir is
> first checked.

Anything in ~/.xsession-errors?   Is FvwmTaskBar set to AutoHide?  Ideally,
stop using it and use FvwmIconMan and FvwmButtons.

> I wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem and if so, do you
> know how I can fix it. I'm sorry but I do not know of any debugging
> technique to provide more information.

Use FvwmIconMan and FvwmButtons.  I'll be deprecating FvwmTaskBar soon
enough.  It's dead.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)