On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 04:09:22PM +0200, Pierre Frenkiel wrote:
>    That worked, and with "read debug" also, but the behaviour is much more
>    complicated (a good way to drive somebody crazy!)

How is it complicated?

>     1/ with FvwmConsole, all parameters work(Title, Sticky,..)...but
>        StaysOnTOP
>     2/ with "Fvwm restart", only Title/Notitle works, i.e. is taken
>        into account without restarting xclock.

This isn't what's happening here, and I can't say it's surprising either.

>     To check that it's not an xclock related problem, I tried also with
>     xdvi: same behaviuor.
>     And I tried also on my new laptop, on which I have a freshly installed
>     Squeeze: same thing.

So you're saying that certain attibutes work across a restart of FVWM, but
not others?  That's simply not true.

>     Anyway, as it works by restarting the application, it's a minor bug,
>     and it doesn't deserve spending too much time on it.

On the contrary, if you have found a bug, I want to know so I can *fix* it.
So keep providing more and more accurate instructions, please.

But believe me when I tell you that styles are applied immediately.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)