On Sat, Feb 25, 2012, Thomas Adam :
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012, Michael Grosser :
>
>> Would it make sense to let touch screen support be a project idea
>> for GSoC 2012 or any other year in the future?
>
> No -- because I, nor anyone else really knows what "touch screen" is.  And
> even then I don't understand what the problem is.  FVWM isn't an application
> which needs changing to work on a touch screen interface; it manages those
> applications instead.

I suppose a first step would be to support multiple mouse pointers.

Then the user would probably want to have at least some conditional in
his configuration files to change the behavior when using a mouse
pointer that comes from the touchscreen. Because really, you don't
want to touch your windows with your fingers the same way you click at
them.

You also want to know if the device has changed its mode to
touchscreen, to change the layout accordingly (bigger buttons, maybe
less decoration, etc). I'm thinking of tablet laptops here; they are
getting more and more popular, and when the interface is implemented
correctly, it really comes handy.

--
Julien Guertault