On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 05:20:28PM +0300, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
> Firstly I make some explanation. Next I ask questions. Sorry for long text ((

> I have:
>
>   SetVar VAR VAL
>
> in my .fvwmrc but this is not good to export them to other processes (this
> happen when I call application from Fvwm menu).
>
> Page:
>
>   http://fvwmwiki.xteddy.org/IRC/HashFvwm/
>
> say:
>
>   This Thomas Adam guy - what does he mean when he says: "it's bad to pollute
>   the environment?"
>
> That's cool to see that problem discussed but link from:
>
>   For more specific instances, please see:
>   http://fvwm.lair.be/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1505
>
> no longer available...

That's why I wrote the InfoStore command.

> I expect to hear about FvwmCpp and FvwmM4 but:
>
>   site:fvwmwiki.xteddy.org FvwmCpp FvwmM4
>
> take no results. Also reading of

That's because FvwmM4 and FvwmCpp aren't used by anyone who writed for the
wiki.  Furthermore, FvwmM4 and FvwmCPP are so old, only a few people still
use them.

> Where I can read about FvwmCpp and FvwmM4 best practice?

Old post on google.

The only one I know of is an article about FvwmCpp at the Linux Gazette.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)