On 2012-07-09, Thomas Adam wrote:

> On 8 July 2012 20:50, Oleksandr Gavenko <gaven...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why do not maintain wiki and forum at wiki.fvwm.org, forum.fvwm.org?
>
> Because then it's the responsibility of fvwm.org to maintain them.
> The wiki and forum see such little updates that as they stand now is
> fine.

OK.

I want to contribute to Fvwm HOWTO this text (yesterday I wrote Fvwm related
section):

  https://github.com/qnikst/kbdd/wiki/Usecases

I look for appropriate place over Internet and decide that:

  http://fvwmwiki.xteddy.org/

is it. But as contributor I notice:

 * No links to fvwmwiki from http://www.fvwm.org/ (for example main page point
   to fvwmforums).

 * Wiki home page say: "This is the home of the FvwmWiki". That's true. But
   how was related Fvwm project and this wiki? For example if I visit
   http://wiki.debian.org/ it is obvious that this wiki is "ONLY ONE RIGHT"
   wiki for Debian... How about near like this notice? So anyone can fill that
   this is right place for contribution...

In any case this is only suggestions))

>> How is it hard to make update to the FAQ?
>
> Hard enough that the *quality* of the FAQ is preserved, which is a
> VERY good thing, IMO.  People wishing to contribute to that can do so
> through patches.   Which in turn implies review.

Seems that all web pages from http://www.fvwm.org under some VCS...

I found

  http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/perllib/General::Parse.php

too old (Updated: 2005-08-24). 'getToken' name and other currently named as
'get_token', etc.

That why I ask about ability to update some page under fvwm.org...

Now I get sources from CVS and it is seems to update this page someone need
rerun doc generation (and deploy) script for Perl modules.

Is this script under CVS or it is custom and owned by developers?

--
Best regards!