Oleksandr Gavenko <gaven...@gmail.com> writes:

> Debian Wheezy release (next stable) come with:
>
>   $ fvwm-config -v
>   2.5.30

Way too old.  See below.

> Debian have own menu system and I intensively use it. But time come and a few
> people worry about old technologies. So new package have .desktop files with
> high probability and have no menu files with zero probability.
>
> I try to transform .desktop files in Fvwm readable format by:
>
>   $ fvwm-menu-desktop --desktop gnome-sys

Get a current version of fvwm from CVS.
fvwm-menu-desktop has been completely re-written and will
produce useful menus without any arguments at all.

> Another question about FvwmGtk which mentioned in fvwm-menu-desktop(1).
>
> It is currently doesn't ship in Debian. Does anyone know that a problem with
> FvwmGtk as it rejected by Debian?

Yes, it's based on an old version of gtk (version 1) and won't work with
any modern distro.  There didn't seem to be anyone interested in
updating FvwmGtk to something more current.

> After a far bit more googling I found script:
>
>   http://pastebin.com/ktGaAcgw
>                 xdg-menu.py

Yes, exactly what we used as a basis for the current fvwm-menu-desktop.

> I hope this info save time for other people.

Too late.

--
Dan Espen