On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 08:49:14PM +0100, michael.gros...@gmx.de wrote:

> > On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 10:53:15AM +0100, Michael Großer wrote:
> > > You will run into the problem that MenuFvwmRoot
> > > does not contain "D. Debian Menu" anymore like
> > > it used to be in Debian Lenny with FVWM 2.5.26.
> > >

> > Just read /etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook into your config.
> >
> > Claude
>
> I tried it. With no luck. It was one of my obvious ideas.
> Maybe, I did something wrong, but in my case, it didn't work.
> Perhaps, I should try to include "/etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook"
> in FVWM "2.6.5", if it contains such a file. I tested both
> "2.5.30" and "2.6.5" yesterday, bulldozing my two Debian
> partitions after each test with a fresh and chaste version
> of Squeeze, but I did different tests with "2.5.30" and
> "2.6.5". I made more tests with "2.5.30", because it was
> more Debian affine than "fvwm-2.6.5.tar.bz2".

the menu is created with a debian menu-methods and the output is the
/etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook by default on the debian package (I just checked
this myself).

'Read /etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook' will just read the debian menu but not add
it to your root menu. So that file only contains the info generated by the
debian 'menu' package.

you should less that file, but the menu name is /Debian and you can get the
menu by doing 'popup /Debian' and there is the menu. You can add that to your
root menu to get access to the menu from there.

Note you will have to 'Read /etc/X11/fvwm/menudefs.hook' each time you
add/remove packages to change the menu you will need to reread that file to get
the updated menu. But this method ensures that you only add the menu to your
current config and not all fo the other stuff from the default debian config
file.

jaimos