Hi,

what would be the best way to read configuration file snippets from a
directory or from various directories?

Currently I have ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc to start with and statements in it
like

,----
| [...]
| Read fvwm-colours.fvwm
| Read fvwm-desks.fvwm
| Read fvwm-menustyle.fvwm
| [...]
`----

What I'm trying to do is create a directory like ~/.fvwm/conf.d/ and use
a statement in .fvwm2rc like 'Read conf.d/*.fvwm' which would pull in
all the *.fvwm files residing in conf.d in alphabetical order.

I tried

,----
| PipeRead 'for i in /bin/ls $HOME/.fvwm/*.fvwm; do echo Read $i; done'
`----

which seemed to read the contents of an executable file and tried to
execute whatever it read as commands.  That appears to be way too
dangerous to use.

--
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No error here")
  signal(error ("No error here"))