On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 22:37:08 -0500
Dan Espen <des...@verizon.net> wrote:
> [...]
> I found that xrandr generates configurenotify events.
> I got 2 root window configurenotifys for issuing the command once.
>
> But Fvwm doesn't react well.  Fvwm sees the event and knows the new
> screen size but doesn't move anything around like it should.
> I told Fvwm to execute a "recapture" and that helped.
> I think if fvwm becomes aware of a new screen size, it makes sense
> to re-position all the windows and icons.

I had a similar problem; not with icons, as I only use FvwmIconMan, but I have
a FvwmButtons panel at the right edge of the screen which needs to be
repositioned.

They way I handle it currently is -- outside of FVWM. I have a FIFO open on the
nxagent log where I read its 'screen changed' message and subsequently restart
the FvwmButtons module with FvwmCommand. That's far from perfect, of course. I
thought maybe it would be an option to have the user define a ScreenResizeFunc
or something like that, or maybe just feed the event into FvwmEvent.

Raimund

--
Worringer Str 31 Duesseldorf 40211 DE  home: <r...@mytum.de>
+49-179-2981632 icq 16845346           work: <r...@interface-ag.de>