I did dual-monitor by creating a backing desk per second monitor page.
Monitor 2 paging was done by moving windows between backing and current desks.
I also used temp sticky for monitor 2 windows during monitor 1 paging.
I used fvwmbuttons on monitor 2 for my monitor 2 pager and it had its
own "taskbar".
I'd also changed c code to be able to ChangeButton colorsets for the "pager".
A window which spanned monitors 1 and 2 was defined as a monitor 1 window.
Moving windows between monitors was accounted for.
Ive used this for vnc (double width server screen size) and xrandr.
A bunch of ugly fvwmrc code.

I'll have to give your code a spin.
It looks like your code is doing ChangeButton colorsets also.
Is that a post 2.6.6 change?