On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 01:44:47PM +0100, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> since a few days I'm trying to set up "fvwm" in such a way that a "fire-
> fox" window is always opened in page "0 0 1" rather than in page "0 0 0"
> from where I'm issuing the "firefox" command.   From the manual page and
> the FAQ I took the suggestion to use
>
>    Style Firefox* StartsOnPage 0 0 1, SkipMapping
>    Style * RecaptureHonorsStartsOnPage, CaptureHonorsStartsOnPage
>
> and added  this to my  configuration file  using all four  variations of
> "Firefox*", "*Firefox", "*Firefox*", and "Firefox", but it simply didn't
> work here.               ^^^^^^^^^

First, double check that you've got the correct style name.  If
there is any doubt, use FvwmIdent on the Firefox window.

If the style seems to be fine, add some odd style to the same line
and see it taht works - to make sure the style is actually
applied.

If it's not a problem with the style name, you can add the line

  bugopts explainwindowplacement on

to the config file.  With that, fvwm prints a detailed message
explaining where new windows are placed and why.  In case you need
help reading that output, feel free to post it to the list.

If the debug output looks good, Firefox has probably moved its own
window to a different page.  There is a number of styles to
prevent applications moving their own windows.  Try

  Style ... fixedpposition

first.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^