On Mon, 18 Nov 2019, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:

No, as could be clearly seen, it's not in the "InitFunction" but rather in a shell script named "firefox-start-up.sh" which contains the command "nohup firefox > /dev/null 2>&1 &".

No idea why you start an application you always want NOT from InitFunction

But perhaps that's the cause?   Does "SkipMapping" only work for applic-
ations started from within the "fvwm" configuration file?

But it should not matter. I sometimes have to kill my browser and then I restart it from a terminal, and goes straight to the desktop my .fvmrc (refer to my previous mail) designates for browsers,

I even tried now starting firefox (not my palemoon browser which I left running) with /usr/bin/firefox & and it went straight to the desktop designates for browsers (due to the vestigial style).

If you are concerned of the runtime messages the browser may issue while running (is that why you redirect stderr ?), also palemoon has that problem when started from a terminal. But I simply kill such terminal to get rid of them !

--
Lucio Chiappetti - INAF/IASF - via Corti 12 - I-20133 Milano (Italy)
"Can you see Enrico Fermi punching a time clock? There are effective