On 1/6/20, Mark Nejedlo <f...@mark.nejedlo.net> wrote:
>  If you want different actions based on the
> extension, you'll need to write a more sophisticated script that is
> extension aware to use in the place of fvwm_make_directory_menu.sh.

This might be what you want: https://github.com/kernschmelze/meowpurr

It is a full-blown freedesktop standards supporting application and
file browser for FVWM using MissingMenuFunction.

It of course supports file extensions according to freedesktop
specifications and the like, with very comfortable OpenWith menus etc
etc. It memorizes the applications you prefer for particular file
types, too, etc etc.

It is still WIP - the freedesktop specification for recent opened
files thing is still not finished (when it works, it gives a complete
"Recent" menu not only for apps, but for files not opened by  the
file/app browser, but inside other applications, too. There are also
still a few minor bugs.

Right now, I have no time to work on that, as it works fine for what I need.
If others are interested in that stuff, it would motivate me to finish
the uncompleted parts.

So I'd suggest to play around with it... if you have any questions, just ask.

Have fun,
Stefan