All this discussion of the task bar, auto hide, and what is hateful about fvwm
3 (!) reminds me ...

used to run Slackware, then Gentoo, then that machine needed replacement and I
got a System76 Oryx laptop with a double density screen.  Runs Ubuntu because
my last experience trying to maintain gentoo for proprietary hardware was
discouraging.  I tried running fvwm -- do not like Ubuntu, but I can cover up
most of its idiocies -- but fvwm does not know about the double density, and I
get labeling so small that I literally had to use a magnifying glass to find
how to exit.

I also realized my fvwm config was really old, and have managed to mangle the
Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04 window managers into acceptable shape.  But I'd really
rather go back to fvwm.  So two questions:

Is there any way to tell fvwm to double up everything?  Whether this is some X
configuration I know nothing of, or some fvwm secret sauce, either is fine.

And how much has fvwm config changed in 15 years?  Is this fvwm 3 available?  I
figure I ought to start from scratch, read up on everything, rather than try to
remangle my ancient config.

    Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & wood chipper / fe...@crowfix.com
 GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933