Thomas Adam wrote (Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 03:38:16PM +0000):
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 08:22:16PM +0530, Mandar Mitra wrote:
> > I would like the transient windows to not affect focus at all. I looked at
> > the manual page for the FPGrabFocusTransient, FPGrabFocusTransient,
> > FPReleaseFocusTransient, and similar options, but I couldn't figure out
> > what I need to do to get the behaviour I want.
> >
> > Is this something that I can take care of within fvwm? Or should I ask the
> > ipe developer about this?
>
> I suppose you're referring to something like this:
>
>       Style * RaiseTransient
>       Style * LowerTransient
>       Style * StackTransientParent

Probably not (as far as I can tell from the manpage).

At the moment, the only thing that I want is that transients should never get
focus. Is that something I can control from fvwm, or does that need to be fixed
in the respective applications?

If that's not possible, I would like a transient to release focus when it goes
away. I thought FPReleaseFocus, FPReleaseFocusTransient and
FPOverrideReleaseFocus controlled this behaviour, but I don't understand
exactly how. I have

Style * MouseFocusClickRaises, GrabFocusTransientOff, !FPGrabFocusTransient,
FPReleaseFocusTransient, FPOverrideReleaseFocus

but that's not giving me what I want.

-mandar