On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 11:36 AM Pierre Frenkiel
<pierre.frenk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
> I have the following problem:
> when reading a mail from input, and clicking on a link, the browser used
> is not the one set in .alpinerc, but opera.
> I checked that "opera" in not present in any mailcap file.
> Once the mail saved in a folder, my mailcap is actually used.

This is not an Fvwm issue, and totally depends on your mail client.
Each client you use to read emails may use a different tool to open
the links and will be configured differently. I'm not quite sure what
client you mean by 'from input', and maybe it is some pager or other
tool that allows opening of links. It could be that this is using the
xdg default browser. You can look up how to set the default browser
xdg-settings. It could also be a mime type issue which you can
configure with xdg-mime. In either case, this is not an fvwm issue,
but an issue with whatever application you are using to read emails
and open links. So figure out what app is showing you the email and
then look up how to configure what browser it uses for links.

jaimos