Hello
  I am an old fan of fvwm (I started with the old twm decades ago).
  I run fvwm2 without a desktop-manager. The xsession launched by
lightdm on a Debian  5.10.84-1 system.

Problem: an authentication module (sd-pam) is lauched at login for
every user. It should be killed on exit. But it is not. It is very
noticeable since at shutdown the machine spends 2 minutes trying to
stop the job (it indicates systemd --user is waiting for a job to
stop).

(I have a second debian system in another machine that is not showing
the problem so far)

The (sd-pam) job is not responding to the SIGTERM signal. But when it
receives the SIGUP signal quits!!

I added an exit option
+  "KillAll and roughQuit" Exec /usr/bin/killall -s 1 -u ME

Sending a SIGUP instead of SIGTERM is odd, but it works fine.

What is the fvwm Quit function actually doing?  Does it send a SIGTERM
to every job as I imagine?

Bye
      Hernán

--