Am Mo den  8. Mai 2023 um 19:24 schrieb Thomas Adam:
> In fvwm3, randr support supports this without a restart, but it needs more
> testing.

That brings me to the topic I did long postponed.

How to best move from fvwm2 to fvwm3?

I just gave it a try and found several incompatibilities.

First I notice that fvwm3 does log nothing to .xsession-errors by
itself. I have to start it with `-v -o -`.

The next is that there is somewhere default config that overwrite or
replace parts of my config.

I just put my current and growed config to [0].

- Xinerama (Line 8/9) does not work anymore, what is the correct
  replacement?
- The Colorset styles seems to be broken that way
- HilightBack and HilightFore style not supported
- Color style not supported
- FvwmProxy gone
- The title line is completely different now. I use to have blue for
  activated window and grey for inactive. Now it is the opposite (Have
  to do with HilightFore and HilightBack)
- How to have a config file for both versions with some
  in-config-switches to choose between incompatible options?

Regards
   Klaus

[0] http(s)://www.ethgen.ch/~klaus/fvwm-config (yes, the certificate is
    CACert for purpose.)