Hello,

I would like some guidance on whether the following idea makes sense to do
as a fvwm module.

1. I own a simple drawing tablet, that I typically position in portrait
orientation right next to my keyboard.
2. The rectangle of the drawing tablet maps to a rectangular area of my
(landscape) screen through xinput.
3. I would like to define fvwm keystrokes that can change the mapped area
(by invoking "xinput set-prop"). I.e. to move and zoom the drawing area on
the screen.
4. Similar to the fvwm pager, I would like to have a visual indication of
what area of the screen the drawing tablet currently maps to.

Here are some simple visualizations sketches that show what  I would like
to have for the "tablet mapping display":

+-----------------------+    +-----------------------+
+-----------------------+
|+--------+             |    |                       |   |
 +--------+ |
||        |             |    |        +----+         |   |            |
   | |
||        |             |    |        |    |         |   |            |
   | |
||        |             |    |        |    |         |   |            |
   | |
||        |             |    |        |    |         |   |            |
   | |
||        |             |    |        +----+         |   |            |
   | |
|+--------+             |    |                       |   |

Tablet maps to left side     Tablet maps to zoomed        Tablet maps to
right
of screen                    center of screen             side of scren

My question is especially if it makes sense to write 4 as a fvwm module?
What's  a good starting point? Also, once I have a written a module, how
would I send it messages to update the visually shown rectangle mapping?

Thanks in advance!