2005/9/9, Mikhael Goikhman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 09 Sep 2005 12:33:53 +0800, Li Chaoji wrote:
> >
> > I have to add a setting in my configure file:
> > FvwmIconMan: StaysOnBottom
>
> There is no such option accourding to "man FvwmIconMan".
>
> > But other modules stays on bottom by default.
> > why IconMan is different?
>
> All windows and modules stay in the same layer 4 by default. If you want
> them to stay on bottom, you should explicitelly ask fvwm, like this:
>
>   Style FvwmButtons StaysOnBottom

Strange. but FvwmButtons stays on bottom by default, even you donot give the
style above..
In fact, I have to explicitly declare :
Style ClockPanel StaysOnTop
to make my ClockPanel stays on top of all. Here, ClockPanel is a
FvwmButtons module.

I don't understand your notion of layer 4, any way, thanks very much.

>   Style FvwmIconMan StaysOnBottom

Yes, this is what I did.