I don't think you can do this with FvwmButtons (v2.5.12) but I thought I'd ask to be certain.

1.) If you have a button bar that is say 10x1 buttons and you press the 6th button, is there a way to make the first 5 buttons also depress?

I'm trying to make an ALSA volume control where each button sets a specific level (10%, 20%, etc. set via an "amixer" cmd line) and I'd like to make it look like pressing a button makes the slider slide through it's range via some bitmap trickery.

2.) Also, if I have two FvwmButtons panels (or two panels within a container), both of the same height (say one is 10x10 and the other is 1x10) and I press the 6th button on one panel is there a way to tell the other panel to automagically depress the 6th button?

Maybe there is a better way to accomplish these things in FVWM or even another tool besides / in addition to FVWM?

Hmm, upon re-reading the man page, is this the kind of ting that SendToModule can be used for?

You can kinda get a feel for what I am trying to accomplish by looking at these bitmaps:

<http://moose.ca/albums/Jeep_Projects_Nav_01Sep2005/recon_mixer.png>

and

<http://moose.ca/albums/Jeep_Projects_Nav_01Sep2005/recon_mixer2.png>

Thanks for any input.