--- Phechploy Chirachaisakul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi sir,
>
> Now, I'm using fvwm2 and I want to upgrade it to fvwm
> version 2.4.19 or 2.5.12. Anyway, I've already
> download both of these files from you website, but I
> don't know what should I do next or how to install it
> because my unix knowledge is not quite well. Could you
> explain me the way to install or upgrade it in step by
> step?

You should really mention which distribution you're using --- as using
a binary version of fvwm (especially so in your case) is most likely to
be of benefit to you.  As an aside to your question, some general hints
and tips about compilations can be read here:

http://www.hantslug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?LinuxHints/CompileFromSource

-- Thomas Adam