On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 07:01:37PM -0700, Zack Brown wrote:

> My sense here is just that it can't be done, and I'll be stuck with one of
> the suboptimal workarounds already suggested here. And I guess my suggestion
> still stands, that FVWM implement some kind of control over the page-size,
> to decouple the page size and screen size.

It seems to me what you really want is maximum data area, no title bar
or borders, but something, like mouse to the top, would make the title
bar appear.  My own fvwm is set up to have no title bar and the
smallest border I could get, either 1 pixel or none (I forget).  I use
the Window key in combination with keypad keys (INSERT = menu, DEL =
close, HOME = move, END = size) to get the title bar actions.

I have seen and played with those window managers which roll the data
window up inot the title bar like an old window shade.  Maybe there is
something you could do to get the opposite effect; some hot key which
pops up a title bar, or a menu with title bar actions.  Or if the
window really is maximized, a one pixel title bar, and any click in
there (edge of screen is pretty easy to click on) brings up a title
bar menu.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  GPG = E987 4493 C860 246C 3B1E  6477 7838 76E9 182E 8151 ITAR license #4933