On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 02:47:40PM +0300, Andrei Popov wrote:
> Hello All.
>
> Is there an easy way to make FVWM somehow read/source the env vars I
> set in .bashrc/.zshrc?

I have a similar problem. When I start an xterm from FVWM, my .bash_profile sets
the desktop and page location as environment variables within that terminal.
Then it creates a file corresponding to that location, so if the system goes
down, I can just execute that file to get the xterm back where it was. In my
.bash_logout, I delete the file.

My problem is, if I use ctrl-s to make the xterm sticky and move it to another
desk and page, I want to change those environment variables *within that shell*,
and update the created file to point to the new location.

So far I haven't found a way to do this cleanly, though a lot of half-solutions
have suggested themselves. But changing environment vars within a running xterm,
I have no idea how to do without going into that xterm by hand and changing
them, or sourcing a file. I don't see how to do this via the pure FVWM
interface.

Be well,
Zack

--