While others apparently have had no problems building FVWM under CygWin,
it's not working for me.  Configure claims aclocal and automake are
missing, even though they are in /bin and /bin is in the PATH.  It also
claims that gcc doesn't work.  How do I find out what it's doing wrong?

I'm on the list at another email address, but please Cc: this one :)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~
$ cd /download/fvwm-2.4.7

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /download/fvwm-2.4.7
$ ./configure --with-gnome=no > configure3.log 2>&1

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /download/fvwm-2.4.7
$ cat configure3.log
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking whether to enable command logging... no
checking whether to enable debugging messages... no
checking whether to enable multibyte character support (experimental)... no
checking whether to enable compound text conversion support... yes
checking imagepath... /usr/include/X11/bitmaps:/usr/include/X11/pixmaps
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /download/fvwm-2.4.7
$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS:/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/COMMAND

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /download/fvwm-2.4.7
$ ls -l /bin/aclocal
-rwxr-xr-x    1 phutchis unknown      4619 Mar 13 00:27 /bin/aclocal

[EMAIL PROTECTED] /download/fvwm-2.4.7
$ ls -l /bin/automake
-rwxr-xr-x    1 phutchis unknown      5531 Mar 13 00:27 /bin/automake