On 29 May, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:01:09PM +0100, Thomas Adam wrote:
>> If fvwm3 were to be released for a date in the future,
>> Dominik, would you consider some kind of "graphical"
>> customisation tool, similar to what Enlightenment
>> offers???
>
> Unfortunately, that's not really a matter of consideration.  We're
> simply too few developers, and the few that do most of the work
> don't feel inclined to do it.  In my eyes, a nice and powerful
> config tool ist the most important improvement we could make.

I had started working on something that used tcl/tk to do
customizations, along with an "apply" and "restore" options to allow
users to get out of trouble as part of tkgoodstuff.  However, the
extremely long lag time between fvwm2.3 "feature freeze" and 2.4 made
that project fall by the wayside.  However, if anybody would like my
design details (how the applet would work), I still have all those
things.  (What I had in mind was a LOT more useful than the dotfile
generator I had seen in the past, supporting user-defined functions,
etc.)

I might even take on the job once again, but right now, volunteer work
for Destination Imagination and other work has my spare time occupied.

--
Larry Gensch                                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]

            Working for COMPAQ for over a fourteenth of a century