On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Shao Zhang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get fvwm to display chinese characters on the windows
> title bar.
>
> I installed the latest alpha version 2.5.2, and changed my .fvwm2rc
> config file to have the following line:
>
> Style "*" Font StringEncoding=gb2312-1980-0:"-isas-song
> ti-medium-r-normal--0-0-72-72-c-0-gb2312.1980-0"
>
> Also tried without the StringEncoding bit.
>
> When I use mozilla to go to a Chinese website, only chars like "?????
> ??? ???" are shown on the title bar.

Do you set environment variables in your .xsession (or .xinitrc depending
on your OS distrubution)?
LANG should be set to something like: zh_CN (or something like that...)

Or if you use gdm (GNOME's version of xdm), you should have a menu to
choose the session language.

I think it looks like this could be the problem.
Also, do you get any error messages from fvwm?

//Marcus