On 14 Jul 2003 10:09:10 -0500, Norvell Spearman wrote:

> fvwm-2.5.7
> Mandrake 9.1
> XFree86-4.3

It is unrelated to Mandrake or X, so the subject line is misleading.

> After upgrading to Mandrake 9.1, I've noticed that when I hit
> <LeftAlt>+<Tab> the window list goes away as soon as I release <Tab>,
> but if I hit <RightAlt>+<Tab> the window list stays up 'til I hit <Esc>
> or select a window.  I've tried changing some seemingly relevant
> settings in various files under /etc/X11 but nothing has had any effect.
> Has anyone else experienced this?  Thanks much.

This is normal for most of keyboards, it is because Meta_L is configured
to be the default key to activate items when released, but Meta_R is not.

Reconfigure your Alt-Tab binding like this:

  Key Tab A M WindowList Root c c NoDeskSort, SelectOnRelease %

Regards,
Mikhael.