Borys Musielak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Dan Espen napisa=B3(a):
>
> >Borys Musielak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > =20
> >
> >>Dan Espen napisa=3DB3(a):
> >>   =20
> >>
> >>But setting LC_ALL changes also other variables like LC_MESSAGES,=3D20
> >>LC_CTYPE, etc.
> >>Maybe they are uses?
> >>   =20
> >>

> >No, setting one variable does not change another.
> >Fvwm uses various system libraries for font rendering.
> >If there is a problem, it is in those libraries.
> > =20
> >
> $ locale
> LANG=3Dpl_PL.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_PAPER=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_NAME=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_ADDRESS=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_TELEPHONE=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION=3D"pl_PL.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL=3Dpl_PL.UTF-8
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ export LC_ALL=3Dpl_PL.utf8
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ locale
> LANG=3Dpl_PL.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_NUMERIC=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_TIME=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_COLLATE=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_MONETARY=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_MESSAGES=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_PAPER=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_NAME=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_ADDRESS=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_TELEPHONE=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_MEASUREMENT=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION=3D"pl_PL.utf8"
> LC_ALL=3Dpl_PL.utf8
>
> So it seems changing LC_ALL actually CHANGES all the locale
> variables (except LANG).
>
> Anyway, the IMPORTANT thing is that when the locale
> settings are pl_PL.utf8, the titles and menus in FVWM show proper
> unicode characters. When it is set to pl_PL.UTF-8 it doesn't set
> the uft-8 encoding and uses Latin1!
>
> - and I will insist that this is a bug in FVWM handling the locales,
> unless someone explains me what is the mistake in my
> understanding.

I see that when Fvwm looks at the encoding string it uses strcasecmp
(StrEquals), except in one place where it does a case sensitive compare:

libs/FlocaleCharset.c:638:if (strcmp(iconv,FLC_GET_LOCALE_CHARSET(flf->fc,i))
== 0)

I don't have an environment to test this, and I'm not even sure
I understand all this stuff.  Does anyone else have any idea if
that's wrong or can someone change the code and run some tests?

--
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]