Ciao!

Dominik Vogt schrieb:
> If you set the environment variable FVWM_USERDIR to a directory
> name, fvwm uses this directory instead of $HOME/.fvwm.

I can't really check right now (because I'm at home) but I doubt that
this will provide anything more than an awkward workaround.

If I move my fvwm home out of my $HOME permanently, I'd have to sync
it to the local disk every time I change to a different workstation.

If you mean I should reset FVWM_USERDIR temporarily before starting
FvwmConsole (e.g. via a function) I guess that this will cause all
kinds of side effects e.g. when I test fvwm configuration snippets in
FvwmConsole.

But I can try tomorrow and see if there's any good way to do this.

Or should I simply post a simple patch to fvwm-workers?

Kind regards
     Friedel
--
Friedel
'Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?' said Cohen. He stood