On 2/8/06, Peter Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks, the solution works well with a couple mods. A window turns red
> when the title changes to **name, and back to dimgrey when the title
> changes back.  Now I have to figure out how to get the Pager to
> update.
>
> DestroyFunc UpdateIMStyle
> AddToFunc   UpdateIMStyle
>  + I Style "*"    BackColor dimgrey
>  + I Style "\\*\\**" BackColor Red
>  + I Style "*Firefox"    BackColor #8888AA
>  + I UpdateStyles
>
> *FvwmEvent: window_name UpdateIMStyle

Oops I forgot UpdateStyles is a fvwm command... Sorry for that.. By
the way, I guess you don't need the "+ I UpdateStyles" line, as it
works fine without it.

> FvwmPager correctly updates the window titles whenever they change,
> but only updates the backcolors occasionally, in response to focus
> events.
>
> Any suggestions for how to force the pager to redraw?

Hum.. I believe there's no command to force a redraw. I'll look to the
source code and see if I find something to trigger the redraw. I don't
know if that "something" even exists..

> A KillModule FvwmPager restart won't work because that triggers a
> window_name event.

Well, restarting the pager just to get the colours updated is an ugly
solution.. I'll see if I can find a better one.

Cheers!
  Renato Caldas