I've written a tool in python to multiplex communication to Fvwm over the
FvwmCommandS socket. Muxer.py is a daemon that sits on the socket and writes
commands to it when they are received via a tcp connection.

I am using it for various status and control tools for Fvwm. Two are included
with FvwmScriptMux. One is an xmms2 client with album art support, and one is a
hellanzb status client. The UI end of both is written using FvwmScript and the
backend which feeds data to them is written in Python and communicates via
Muxer.py

This is a nice way for users to update information in FvwmScripts without
polling and parsing command output, and it also makes sure that only one
command is written to the FvwmCommand socket at a time.

You can find it at http://alex.foxybanana.com/fvwmscriptmux.html

Hope this is useful for someone other than me!

Alex