   TA> On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 11:31:13AM -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
   >> Review the fvwm man page for saveunder and backingstore.

   TA> I've never had any luck with using these, and found FVWM to crash a lot
   TA> when they were enabled.  I also fail to see how that would help, when
   TA> purportedly, the issue isn't happening on the antiquated FVWM 2.2.2
   TA> version.

I just tried specifying

  Style * BackingStore
  Style * SaveUnder

but it made no difference.

And, yes, this problem definitely does not occur with FVWM 2.2.2.  It seems
that any drag of, or movement within, the modal dialogue causes the parent
dialogue to repaint.

Can anyone else confirm whether they see this behavior?

By the way, I tried removing my entire config directory and using the one
that FVWM can create for you.  This also did not help.

--
Jake Colman
Sr. Applications Developer