Suse 9.3, fvwm 2.5.10 and also in 2.5.18, firefox 1.5.0.6

I have 5 Desks set up, running firefox on one of them:

Style "Firefox-bin"   StartsOnDesk 2, SkipMapping

This works fine: the desktop is not switched when firefox starts up.

However, since a recent upgrade of firefox, whenever I open a new tab
(not: window!) in firefox via "firefox -remote openURL(...)", the
desktop switches to #2 where firefox runs.  This is not what I want,
the desktop should stay where it is.

In earlier versions of firefox, this used to work: the desktop was not
switched.

How can I see what makes fvwm2 think it should switch the desktop now?
Is there some verbose/debug mode availbale?

firefox does *not* open a new window (even in that case it should not
switch desks with the SkipMapping above in place)...

When using e.g. the KDE window manager, the firefox icon in the
taskbar starts blinking when I open the new tab, but the desktop is
not switched.

Thanks
R'