From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Macintyre, Ross A
Sent: 26 September 2006 07:45
To: fvwm@fvwm.org
Subject: FVWM: nothing appears in the fvwm menus

Hi I wonder if anyone can help?

I' ve just installed FC5 on a machine for a user that uses fvwm2.

They've got an unusual setup in that they have 2 screens and xorg.conf is configured so that the there are 2 virtual screens, one to the left of the other. This setup has worked before.

It's got a video card supported by nvidia but sorry can't remember the name of it at the moment and I'm not near the machine. lspci says:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Unknown device 0392 (rev a1)

The problem is when the user logs in there is nothing in the menus that usually appear.

Any idea about how I go about debugging something like this?

One difference is that first time I installed from a source rpm and this time I have installed from a binary rpm..

Thanks in advance,

Ross Macintyre

Ross Macintyre
School of Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Heriot-Watt University

Tel: 0131 451 3417
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Paintings at http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~raz/paintings/