On 2/8/07, Perry Hutchison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a Linux system in a VM host.  When I have the console up and I
> need to send the VM host a ctrl-alt-f4 (or similar), my local desktop
> intercepts those keys and sends me to the 4th TTY.
>
> Is there a way to have FVWM "ignore" that and just pass it through?

AFAIK, the CtrlAltFx combinations are picked off by the console
driver and used to switch virtual consoles before anything in X
(including FVWM) sees them.  I'd suggest checking the docs for
the virtual console subsystem to see if it can be set to use a
different key combination (or maybe you can find a way to exclude
virtual console support from your Linux configuration).

No, it's trapped by the X server and sent to the console driver. You
can disable it in the xorg.conf file. Just put

Option     "DontVTSwitch"

in the Server Flags section of your xorg,conf and it will ignore those
keys. So they will be passed to the applications instead.

Unless you want to keep the ability to switch vts, so then you would
need to remap some other key combination to send fake ctrl+alt+f4 key
strokes to the host. You would do that the way Thomas Adam suggested.

Cheers
 Renato