/ Ethan Romander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was heard to say:
| On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 08:48 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
|
|> Key XF86Forward    R     A    Exec xterm
|
| Note that you've specified the root window as the context for this
| binding.  Hence, FVWM will only launch the xterm when you press the
| XF86Forward key AND the pointer is over the root window.  I define
| bindings like this with the "Any" context:
|
| Key XF86Forward   A    A   Exec xterm

Thank you, I'm a moron. For no good reason, I let Gnome put crap on
the desktop by default and I forgot that that interferes with fvwm's
notion of the "root window".

| In addition, for long running processes like xterm, you may want to use
| "Exec exec xterm" as the command.  The extra "exec" prevents the shell
| used to launch the xterm from clogging up your process table.

Yes. That was just an example. It will in fact run a short-lived shell
script.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | Everything should be made as simple as
http://nwalsh.com/            | possible, but no simpler.