On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:32:03 +0100 (CET)
Viktor Griph <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I remember fixing that bug. the issue with gtk windows can however be seen
> by removing the first sleep, and replacing XUnmapWindow with
> XWithdrawWindow(dpy, win, scr).
>
> That is: it happens when a program requests to be moved to the withdrawn
> state before it has been reparented by fvwm.

Actually, the compiler was happier with:

XWithdrawWindow(dpy, win, XScreenNumberOfScreen(scr));

If I comment out all but the last sleep(5) sleep calls,
the window never seems to appear (though perhaps I'm just
not looking in the right place for the flicker).

Unfortunately if I run the program in a gnome session,
the window also doesn't appear, so it is still doing
something different than the GTK app (which does work
in a gnome session).