On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 09:07:37PM -0600, Glenn Golden wrote:
> My suggestion would be to rename the option to something along the lines of
> "HotkeyActivatesImmediate", or perhaps "UniqueHotkeyActivatesImmediate", and

That's fine; I can change the name.

> then document it something like this:

>  This option applies only to the case in which a hotkey is associated with
>  exactly one item in a menu: If the option is enabled, then typing such a

One does not *type* a hotkey; they press it.  There is only one letter to a
hotkey.

>  uniquely-associated hotkey immediately invokes the action associated with
>  the menu item, and the menu is then closed.  If the option is disabled, then
>  typing the hotkey does not immediately invoke the action; it only visually
>  selects (highlights) the associated item, but the menu remains open. The user
>  must then explicitly confirm the selection (via key <cr>, key <space>, or
>  clicking the appropriate mouse button) upon which the associated action is
>  invoked and the menu closed.
>
>  Note that this option has no effect in the case in which a given hotkey
>  is associated with multiple menu items: In this situation, the confirming
>  user action (via <cr>, <space>, or mouse button) is always required.
>
>  The default setting for this option is HotkeyActivatesImmediate.

The above is far too verbose, but I can distill enough of it down to make
something useful.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)