Bastian <bastian-fvwm-org-20121...@t6l.de> writes:

> Hi List,
>
> I wonder if it is somehow possible to send key events (typed in a
> head-window) to a set of other client-windows...
>
> This could help in doing small sized cluster/VM administration ...

If you are trying to generate a keystroke for an xterm, the
xterm won't accept a synthetic keystroke unless you've
selected "allow sendevents".  (Its a security hole to allow it.)

Do some Google searches on "xwindows synthetic".
The first hit I got discussed the issues in the context of
a security exploit.  It also mentioned some programs.

Fvwm doesn't have a command to generate keystrokes.

(Note: this reply was first posted in 2002.)

--
Dan Espen