Le Mon, 13 May 2013 22:45:01 +0100,
Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> a écrit :

> On 13 May 2013 22:41, Dominique Michel <dominique.mic...@vtxnet.ch>
> wrote:
> > Le Mon, 13 May 2013 21:46:43 +0100,
> > Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> a écrit :

> >> Sounds very over-complicated to me.  Using a WindowID is bad here,
> >> not necessarily because it's only per-window, but for the fact
> >> that when FVWM restarts, the inherent use of WindowStyle to set
> >> the style of the window means it's lost on a restart.
> >>
> >> When FVWM restarts, its windows are reparented to the root window,
> >> and then reparented when FVWM starts again; in your case, the
> >> maximized state is recorded for windows across restarts, but FVWM
> >> doesn't record the state of all states across restarts for
> >> WindowStyle'd windows.
> >
> > They are lost anyway when fvwm restarts, it is why a added a
> > function to restore them. The id is used only to apply the
> > fullscreen styles on the full screened windows.
>
> Well that's probably half the problem then,
>
> > When working on fvwm-crystal, I restart quite often and get
>
> You're doing that wrong.  See:
>
> https://plus.google.com/u/0/100692260234415059882/posts/YqzdH3jeAEg

I use FvwmConsole and Xephyr too. I even added a Xephyr menu into the
system menu. It look for the xsession files in /etx/X11/Xsessions.

But when I am done with some changes, I move them to the svn, re-install
fvwm-crystal and do a restart.

> > tired of resizing the windows after a restart.
>
> Get BugOpts ExplainWindowPlacement and similar in to your logs so I
> can see what's happening,

I will do that.

> or better yet, get a consistent application
> which shows your problem, and let me have steps to reproduce it.

It will be difficult because it is a random issue that append from time
to time.

Dominique

--
"We have the heroes we deserve."