The difference is the price of the license.

cheers

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Ramakrishnan Pillai
Sent: Viernes, 19 de Mayo de 2006 12:11 p.m.
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Cluster - Load sharing/High availability

High availability does not provide load sharing and hence you don't nead a
load sharing license CLUSTERXL License.  You only need a HA license for the
other gateway...RK

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 5/19/2006 2:38 AM >>>
Thanks Zubair,

I read that too. I have downloaded the doco from checkpoint site. What you
posted is just on the PDF. Thanks for you reply.

Here is my question:

What I want is to have load share among the cluster members and I can patch
up one cluster member without having a down time if needed. Does that mean
Load Sharing has the good bit of High availability plus load sharing? If it
is, why there is a High Availability options available?

I have also read more about the VPN tunnel setup on a cluster (it seems that
if I want to have a vpn tunnel setup from a 3rd party, I have to somehow get
my third party and one of my cluster setup a sticky connection). I assume I
can do it on my CP cluster because is under my control. But I have no
control on a 3rd party. They may not use CP as their firewall. Does that
mean High availability Cluster is a better choice in my case?

Cheers,
Clive