On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 05:13:43AM -0700, cisco4ng wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have Provider-1 NG Feature Pack 3 with HFA-318 running on Solaris 9.  I have
> 2 P-1 Managers 4 P-1 Containers with about 250 CMAs spreading across the
> 4 containers.  NO H/A CMAs.
>
> Every now and then, one of the CMAs just died for no reason, and that it
> refused
> to come back despited repeated attempt to bring it back up.  I've tried the
> following
> to bring it back online:

Method b & c are functionally equivalent really - fairly certain that the
mdsstart_customer / mdsstop_customer tools don't actually use the current
"mdsenv" - the scripts get all that information, and its all local to the
script.

Can't say why your CMA's keep crashing without more information (tail of
fwd.elg/fwm.elg/etc.), and if checkpoint can't really get much out of that,
then I suspect I'd not be able to either. P1 is complex - so many things can
go wrong in mysterious ways, even by the fine standards set by computer
programs through-out time...

I never recall having had that many issues with P1/FP3, but I believe we
were running on a later hotfix - could be wrong though as it has been a
while. Oddly on the checkpoint usercenter there's documentation for HFA327,
though no link for the actual HFA, that I could see at least.

Usual caveats apply, naturally :>

                Smaff

--
You happen to be here, now.