Hugo,

The option you referred to is available since version R55.  Under the CMA
NAT, there is a box that you check to tell that this is your management
traffics.  What you said is entirely accurate but ONLY IF the firewall
in front of the CMA is a checkpoint firewall.  The NAT device I have
in front of the P-1 is a cisco device, NOT checkpoint.  Therefore,
it does not apply in this situation.

I found out something else.  In NGx R65, even when I have static
one-to-one NAT the P-1 ip address, user(s) on the internet can NOT
connect to my P-1 box via the MDG either:

ip nat inside source static 192.168.1.1 4.2.2.3
access-list External permit ip any any log

In other words, even in this configuration, user(s) on the internet
can NOT connect to P-1.

The whole setup, both hide NAT and static NAT, works fine in
NG AI R55.

this must be new in NGx or something.  Checkpoint has broken
something along the way, as usual.

Scanned by Check Point VPN-1 UTM NGX R65 with Messaging Security