The cheapest way is to add a system with NTOP running on it, on a system
spanned to the external interface. I use a dual NIC Linux Snort sensor that
also runs NTOP from www.ntop.org

Its canned graphs will give you a ten-minute usage, a one hour usage, a one day
usage (sampled each 30 minutes) and I think the last one is a month.

It will give you the top three talkers when you click on any graph, but that
may not be enough. A SmartView Monitor license will fill in the gap.

Ray

> Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 10:18:47 +0200
> From: vbavbal...@gmail.com
> Subject: [FW-1] Best practices for bandwith statistics and bandwith management
>
> Hi ,
>
> Having a R65 CP with only QOS and Smartdefense i would like to ask
> what are the best practices for observing and reporting the bandwith
> usage (for both short and long times) and analyzing if there are any
> bottlenecks (for example the cause of mail  slow processing problem is
> releated with bandwith?) and see if the already set QOS are ok or
> optimum ?
>
> Regards
>
> Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/

Scanned by Check Point Total Security Gateway.