On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:14:15 -0500, you wrote:
>I've got a kinda weird problem. I've setup our firewall (Nokia IP440 Ipso
>3.2.1) to tar the config files and TFTP them to a secure location via a CRON
>job. The problem is that the CRON job runs five hours ahead of the time it
>is set to run at! I've checked the system time and it is set correctly.
>Via a search on Google I found that another person that had this problem on
>a FreeBSD machine and the fix was to execute /usr/sbin/tzsetup. Of course
>this is nowhere to be found on these boxes. Does anyone know of another way
>to fix this? Is this something that is fixed in IPSO 3.3?
I believe I've seen files ftp'ed to a FreeBSD box exhibit UTC time
rather than local (CDT) time. Perhaps this is the phenomenon you're
observing. In other words, the files only appear to have the wrong
date/time to a local eye.
Other than setting the time via the voyager interface and keeping time
sync'ed via ntp, I'm not sure what you can do.
The old-timey man pages for FreeBSD 2.2.x are available on-line at:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?
This is really a good site for man pages.
--
Ned Fleming
================================================================================
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please see the instructions at
http://www.checkpoint.com/services/mailing.html
================================================================================