Hi,

I have an SMTP question relating to 4.1 but further down I would like to see
how it would relate to NG FP3, as we will be moving to that shortly.

Objects:

MAILSERVER
192.168.100.1
STATIC NAT: 200.200.200.200

MAILSERVER-EXT
200.200.200.200

Rule for outbound mail:
Source                  Destination             Service
MAILSERVER              ANY                     SMTP

Rule for inbound mail:
Source                  Destination             Service
ANY                     MAILSERVER-EXT  SMTP>Resource-OURDOMAIN

Question 1:
In 4.1, could I use MAILSERVER as the destination for inbound mail? Would
the LOCAL.ARP entry for 200.200.200.200 be picked up by the FW and know that
the object MAILSERVER has that address as its Static NAT entry?

Question 2:
In 4.1, should MAILSERVER also be included in the send mail rule along with
MAILSERVER-EXT? Should both objects be there?

Question 3:
In 4.1, our resource for inbound mail says that only accept mail addressed
to OURDOMAIN. Wouldn't DNS handle this issue, as you would never get a
HOTMAIL.COM email to your YAHOO.COM email server? Can someone clarify this?

Question 4:
In NG FP3, Would the rules look as they do in 4.1 or would there be
differences, and if so, what are they?

Thanks much,

Chris